FCS COVID-19 Response Plan
Welcome to our COVID response page.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact the school at:
875 Williams Avenue, Brooklyn New York 11207
*You can also connect with our teachers and school staff using the Staff Directory.
COVID-19 CONSENT FORM FOR TESTING STUDENTS
Below you will find all the critical information about how the Fresh Creek School, P.S. 325 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
FCS (2021-2022) School Schedule
We are beginning the 2021-2022 school year with full in-person learning.
- The new school day will run from 8:00 a.m. – 2:20 p.m. (M-F)
- All students in grades 3K, PreK, Grades 1 & 2 must be picked up promptly (beginning at 2:15 p.m. for 3K and PreK) at the end of the school day.
- Students in Grades 3-5 are permitted to walk home, unless parents indicate they will be picked up at the end of the school day, at 2:20 p.m.
- Students in Grades K-5 who are enrolled in the after school program will remain in the building until
- We ask that families contact us (718-272-1843) to alert us of any emergencies that may arise which may delay students in grades 3K through Grade 2 being picked up by 2:20 p.m. daily.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
Your Responsibilities While in the Building
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. All visitors who request to enter the school building must complete a Health Screening Survey before they will be able enter the building. Parent and community volunteer and in-person tutoring have been suspended until further notice. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office. All visitors will be asked to undergo a temperature check before they are permitted to enter the building.
- While in the building: When you enter the building, please check in at the front desk with School Safety. During check-in, you will be given a name tag and school pass. Masks are now optional in the school building if you are not displaying any symptoms. Please report directly to the main office (Room 103). Kindly remain behind the glass barrier.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) and by students in grade 3K-5 who are displaying symptoms. If your child (3K or PreK) is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 5 days. Please contact us via phone (718-272-1843) or email (Info@K325.org) as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
- For more information, please visit the NYCDOE Health and Safety Page.
Safety Precautions Taken By Our School
Our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Improvements in ventilation: In an effort to maximize air circulation, every classroom has a working air conditioner, which will be operational during the school day and we are opening windows whenever possible to encourage air flow.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms throughout the school day, and completing a deep cleaning at the end of each school day. In addition, all classroom teachers have been provided with sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
- Hand Sanitation: All classrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer for student use. Additional hand sanitizer stations are placed in the hallways throughout the school building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva, a sneeze, or a cough), and at other times, as necessary, throughout the day.